Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Made It!

I made it through my 1st get shredded weekend. You know how they say kids need structure? I think I do too. Although I definitely missed my orange soda, pizza, dessert, and last but not least... my Malibu & coke! Nevertheless, there was an odd comfort in the routine of pre-determined, properly timed meals. I could get used to it. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Because of the way my schedule is, all I have this week is 2 days of my placement. YAY! I really want to take full advantage of my days off not only to do homework with less pressure and get ahead on a couple of hefty papers, but to make a plan. My placement is very taxing - I counsel a few kids in an inner-city school. Stressful, fast-paced and demanding. Then, of course, there's 4 classes, and the material I read is also pretty heavy stuff. Not to mention life - a recent break-up, struggling to find myself spiritually, healing from a divorce from my family (irreconcilable differences, at least for now), being broke... And to top all that off, I just don't make myself a priority in a lot of ways. I'm thinking about getting a yin-yang tattoo to remind myself forever of the need & quest for balance in my life. I say all this, not to say that my life is bad, cuz it's not. I have so much to be grateful for. But it's a lot, and I need a plan to make sure I don't allow myself to get overwhelmed and burn out. I'm too young for that.

What do you for self-care?

3 comments:

swankywanker said...

Yay. You made it. Structure is good. So is getting through the weekend without pizza and orange soda. Well done.

Marcol said...

When you have reached being "shredded" youll look back upon this weekend and with a greater sense of accomplishment. Its these steps that lead to the final product, without which reaching our goals are nearly impossible.

It definitely sounds like you deserve this time off that youre going to have. Enjoy and be good to yourself.

And look at you already preparing for what lies ahead. With a mindset like this no wonder you continue to excel. Youre an inspiration!

kyle said...

Keep up what you've been doing! If you read some of the other posts from the last few weeks, it seems that many of us are having outside issues that "weigh" us down during our journeys to get healthy. It seems like your focus on getting shredded and your specific goal setting will keep you on track. Have a great holiday weekend!!!