Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Size 8

I have been shrinking out of my size 10s lately, but unwilling to risk the rejection of trying on 8s that don't fit. Yesterday I found a good price on a pair of GAP jeans and decided to try on an 8. IT FIT!! I couldn't believe it. Never have I bought a pair of size 8 jeans. I am at a friend's house for Christmas, and she keeps remarking about how small I've gotten, and it reinforces just how much progress I've made. You know how you get used to seeing yourself, you forget where you came from. I have no pictures - a blessing & a curse, in my opinion. But I can now wear a size 8, and hopefully by the end of January, with an extra push, I will be down my last 12 pounds (might be more by the time the holidays are over, but that's ok), and perhaps in a 6. We'll see!

To all who celebrate this holiday - Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

billy said...

That's a great Christmas present, I remember how good it felt to first fit into 36's, then 34's, etc. Congrats!!

Tea said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Marcol said...

Youve put in a lot to get into that size 8 - so youve earned the right to wear 'em!

Congratulations!

kyle said...

awesome job Rebecca. It's great to see how well you're doing.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats! I remember the first time I got into the 'single digit' sizes. I felt pretty good, too!