Thursday, December 20, 2007

Drumroll Please

As I type I am waiting to make the final final edits on my final paper. When I email it I will have officially ended my first semester of grad school. Time off, here I come! It's been a tough semester in lots of ways, but I still sit back sometimes and say 'wow, i'm in grad school'.

I guess it's fair to say that my diet is working. A pair of jeans that I wore proudly on December 1 because they actually fit are now loose in the waist. A pair of pants that I bought at the end of the summer and were snug (size 10) now have to be rolled over at the waist and they are still loose. It's frustrating but encouraging at the same time. A classmate commented that she noticed my jeans are baggier and expects that I will look different when she sees me again on January 23. It goes to show that the scale is not the whole story, because I have only lost 1 or 2 lbs since December 1, yet I am quickly shrinking out of my jeans. Sunday is re-feed, measurements and calipers, so I guess I will have a more complete picture then.

I decided to add cardio into my routine. Almost 4 weeks with only weights and I haven't seen significant enough changes to warrant the continued elimination of cardio. I'm actually excited about working up a juicy cardio sweat. Nothing like it!

Last night my food-peddling professor brought cake. She gave me lots of grief about not eating it, which I expected, but I stood my ground. Later she said 'I'm only messing with you. I actually admire your self-restraint'. Funny. Thanks D!

1 comment:

Tea said...

YEA CARDIO! I can't wait to see what you'll end up doing? Are you going to get back into running again? You are such a great runner.