Saturday, December 22, 2007

It Feels Good...

Who sang that song? I can't remember who it was, I wanna say Bell Biv Devoe, but I'm not sure... anybody who knows, let me know!

I decided earlier this week to go ahead & add cardio back into my routine. Yay! I did weights only for about 3 weeks, and I have seen results, but not anything earth-shattering. So back to the cardio for me. I hit the treadmill today for the first time in what felt like forever, and I swear that in spite of the unrelated drama that preceded it, I smiled. Yep, me, smiling about getting on the treadmill. Can we just say twilight zone? I was all discombobulated, getting my HR monitor and stuff together, but it felt good once I got going. I only did 20:00, 1 mile at 5.0, and the rest was warm-up & cool-down. Man, I missed running! I felt light, which was interesting. So my hope is that over the next 4-6 weeks, with the re-introduction of cardio into my regimen, combined with the more flexible schedule I will have until January 23, my last 12 lbs will disappear.

I have decided to give myself a little dietary break over the next 2 weeks or so, but then add an extra 2 week cycle of Get SHredded, taking me through the end of January. I have been fairly secluded since school started, and the next 2 weeks, while I am off from my internship & school, I will have time to get together with people that I have not been able to see in months. I don't want the restrictions of my 55% fat diet to prevent me from enjoying their company. So, I will allow myself 1 cheat meal per day for the next 2 weeks for this purpose. Meaning the rest of the time will be business as usual. This is not a license to stuff my face - I don't want to undo all my sacrifice over the past 4 weeks. But it is a license for some flexibility, and I am going to plan to throw some extra cardio in there to offset some of the damage. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

swankywanker said...

Hello?!? That was Tony!Toni!Tone!

Bel Biv Devoe. . . geesh. You better brush up on your MTV trivia over vacation.

Anonymous said...

Nice job getting back on the treadmill. It IS a good feeling. :) Best of luck these upcoming weeks with not undoing anything you've done. (You'll do fine, of course.)

Also, have fun meeting with old acquaintances. That should be fun showing them the new you, huh??

Rebecca said...

Tony!Toni!Tone! was my other guess, i swear. Maybe i do need a brush-up though.