Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tiny, Tiny

I was going to title this how people see you, but I changed my mind. My hairdresser and I had a conversation about my weight loss. I told her I want to lose about 10 more pounds. Her response was 'oh, you wanna be tiny tiny. Why do you wanna be so tiny?' Well, first of all, I don't think of myself as tiny. At all. But when I started going to her, I was 47 pounds bigger. So comparatively speaking, I guess I'm tiny. But when I see myself, I see someone who needs to lose at least 13 more pounds. It's just funny how people see you so differently from the way that you see yourself. That can be a good thing, I suppose. I'm anxious to take off the last of this weight, so I can get my tattoo and cut my hair. I don't know when it's going to come off. The chances of me losing 13 pounds by December 31 are, well, slim to say the least. And who knows, I may not have the body that I'm really looking for by March 29. But I want to be able to look back and know that I gave it my best shot. No questions, no doubts - I gave it 100%, and this is what I got. Through Thanksgiving, Christmas, parent nights, birthday parties... 100% through it all. Nothing less will do.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

The biggest mistake I've made (and I've done it 100 times) is that I set a goal that is time based, and not results based.

If you don't hit it by the end of the year, or by February, or by April, don't sweat it. Just don't stop until you do.

(So easy to say, so much harder to do)

Marcol said...

Hey Tiny! I guess even if you dont see yourself as your hairdresser sees you it sure the heck must have felt good to know someone looks at you as tiny, doesnt it?

Youre probably actually smaller than you see yourself. Sometimes our eyes have to adjust to the new image in the mirror.

Either way youve done BIG things losing 47 lbs - just think back to when you were only like 2 lbs down :)

If you dont lose all by the time your birthday rolls around and youre not looking like you want, you will be able to say youre sure a hell of a lot closer. Youve definitely given it your all and for that you should be damn proud!

Tea said...

I agree with Rob. You can't control how your body will react. Sometimes you drop alot and sometimes you might not see a change on the scale, but either way you're making important changes!

Stick with it! You have done an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude. Keep up the hard work and you'll be there in no time.

swankywanker said...

I'm with Rob, don't focus on dates, focus on progress. And you have been making steady progress all fall. Super-duper.

Melissa said...

My final goal is a tattoo as well. And my deadline is January. I think its making it harder!

It really opens are eyes a bit when we hear what others think. I always wonder if we will ever see it their way.

Either way, you have made great progress, and I bet you are pretty tiny ;)