Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Guess It's Working...

After a month's hiatus, I am back on a weight loss track. Whew! I have started a (somewhat) new nutrition plan, and a very new exercise routine. My new weight lifting regimen has kicked my ass.

I have been doing mostly compound movements for the past 6 months or so, but this new routine does compound movement and isolation exercises, split up over 3 days. Yesterday was leg day, and I did squats, split squats, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, step ups, reverse lunges, and decline crunches. And today, I feel like an old woman cuz I can barely walk. The routine mixes low sets/reps heavy weight with lighter weight and higher reps, and it is no joke. I couldn't get out of bed this morning to go for my run.

I'm sure it will get better, and I do like the feeling of accomplishment that accompanies soreness, so I won't complain too much. Hopefully the soreness will ultimately be followed by results. Let's see how it goes!

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

There's something to be said for the "good pain" - it motivates me when it's working well. Glad to see you back.