Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Remember When...

I dreaded restricting my eating... now I look forward to it.

The idea of following a plan for 16 weeks was daunting... now I am about to start a training program for a half-marathon.

I couldn't run 1 mile straight. Now I can say I ran 6.2!

I thought that staying home on a weekend night was lame. Now I look forward to being able to stay home and relax.

I drank an orange soda every day. Now I eliminate it from my diet and don't even miss it!

I thought that losing weight was something that other people could do, but it wouldn't work for me. Now I have lost 48 lbs.

I thought that my life wouldn't make a difference. Now I'm sure it will.

I valued quantity over quality. Now I know that when it comes to love & friendship, quality is way more important.

5 comments:

Jim McCoy said...

This is powerful. Great work, Rebecca.

Melissa said...

Awesome blog. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

Agreed with everything...except the diet I'm still not on the super strict diet bandwagon.

Marcol said...

A few words came to mind as I read your I remember whens vs your now... Struggle, Dedication, Growth and Maturity.

Sounds like youre an awesome almost ;) 30 year old. Good stuff!

Tea said...

Half marathon! WOW! That's awesome! You have shown what an awesome runner you are, and you haven't even hit your potential yet!

I am SO happy for you!