Wednesday, January 9, 2008

5 Pounds

You would think that while I'm out of class I would be a model blogger, but not so much. Lack of home internet access is certainly a major contributing factor.

I have been enjoying my break from Get Shredded and regimented eating. I planned to take a 2 week break, but was worried about how much weight I would have to re-lose. Thankfully, it seems that in spite of my indulgences my weight is holding steady at 5 lbs up, which is ok with me. I will re-start GS on January 22, and probably do 3 more 14-day cycles. I'm hoping that will leave me at my goal weight, but we'll see. Definitely want to be at 140 by March 29 - my 30th birthday. Once I restart, it's on & poppin until I hit my goal, then I will do get unshredded to incorporate carbs slowly back in without gaining weight, and then I will probably start really focusing on getting the definition in my arms & other places. That's gonna be fun. :)

I have been running again, which is great. I did not lose much, if any, of my cardio capacity when I took a month or so off. That makes me happy.

Although I have been enjoying the freedom of eating pretty much what I want, it's not like it was. I no longer eat something just because it's there. I can have what I want, but it doesn't have me, and that's a big difference for which I am extremely grateful. I hate the feeling of being out of control. Losing weight has definitely taught me that I have the ability to delay gratification on an ongoing basis. That is a powerful lesson that has benefitted me in other areas of my life.

5 comments:

Marcol said...

You always have a plan and that has to be part of why youre so successful. Good work mate! I love hearing how you do it, you set it out and then bam make it happen.

That 5 lbs has nothing on you - when the 22nd comes it will sizzle :) Enjoy the rest of your break.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you're able to control yourself after removing yourself from a specific regimen. Your discipline has always been an inspiration to me.

Jay said...

I think I need to reteach myself that "delayed gratification" thing.

Tea said...

Once again....so many lessons that people can learn from. Mostly importantly, don't freak out if the scale goes up or down a small amount.

Anonymous said...

Losing weight teaches you a lot about yourself, especially the discipline you didn't know you had...and my birthday is march 31. for my 27th, and the rest of this year, i'm celebrating the 5 year anniversary since i lost the weight!