Sunday, February 3, 2008

Gym Encounters

OK, I'm irritated with cyberworld right now because I have to rewrite this blog. Plus I'm mad because the Patriots lost the Superbowl the year I decided to actually watch & care. Unbelievable.

Random thoughts about the gym...

1) Why run at 9.0 when you have to hold on to the sides of the treadmill? Here's a hint - you are doing too much. Slow down.

2) Why is it that some people don't apply deodorant before they come to the gym, and some people apply too much? Where's the balance? I was overwhelmed on the treadmill by an overly cologned man yesterday. Not fun.

3) Why is it that because I'm a girl you don't expect me to take my workout seriously? A high school friend saw me at the gym today and expressed surprise: a) that i was lifting weights (duh!) and b) that I time my rests. Um... newsflash: I didn't come to play. I came to get it done. Don't sleep on me. Nuff said.

4) I felt so accomplished yesterday running 4 miles at the beginning of my day. What a great feeling. It reminded me of something that I almost forgot: I love to run. I love to lift weights. I love to work out.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I've seen guys who don't think the women in the gym "belong" - but then they end up blowing those dudes out of the water with their workouts.

You've got some muscleheads in your gym. The good news is, we all have those guys. The bad news is, they're not going anywhere. The run was a good way to start the day - good work.

Anonymous said...

LOL on the holding on to the sides thing. I mean, if you're about to fall off, either go ahead and do that, or go home and workout in private. That's just comical to me.

Marcol said...

Sounds like one of your gym encounters was an encounter of the worst kind ;) But #4 looks like it made up for it. Isnt it lovely when we love the things that are also good for us.

Oh, about #3 its funny sometimes the assumptions and expections men have about women. Keep defying and mystifying Rebecca :)

Tea said...

YEA YOU! runnin' and liftin' and being all hawt-like! I'm so happy for you.

btw-fyi to everyone at the gym....extra perfume or cologne does NOT cover your sweat stank.

just sayin'

Jay said...

1) ha!

2) another reason I don't go to the gym in the evening

3) The woman I work out with routinely blows me away with her performance...and the women I used to work out with back in Oakland often could finish their workouts before I could....gotta show some respect!

4) nice job

Ripx180 said...

Hey Rebbecca hows it going? haven't seen a post out of you in while. Just wondering how you are doing.